The COVID-19 Public Health Emergency offically ended in May 2023. Certain policies that were implemented in early 2020 during the PHE will now expire.
Ben is an Associate Attorney at Zacharia Brown who practices and provides counsel to clients in the areas of Public Benefits Planning including Medical Assistance (Medicaid) for Long-Term Care, both for individuals in a nursing home and through home and community waiver services; Probate and Estate Administration; Special Needs Planning; Asset Preservation; and Estate Planning including wills, trusts, durable financial and healthcare powers of attorney, and living wills.
Ben is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania as well as the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
He received his undergraduate degree from Washington and Jefferson College and his law degree from the Ave Maria School of Law.
Ben is a member of the Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys (“PAELA’) and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (“NAELA’).
Ben can be heard broadcasting for Pittsburgh Elder Law on KDKA 1020 AM every other Saturday at 12:00 noon.
Ben resides in the South Hills of Pittsburgh with his wife and two children.
- Elder Law Planning
- Probate Assets
- Estate Planning
- Special Needs Trusts & Supplemental Needs Trusts
Subject Matter Focus
- Medicaid Eligibility for Nursing Homes as well as Home and Community Based Waiver Services
- Medicaid Planning for Married Couples
- Medicaid Planning for Single Individuals
- Asset Protection Planning
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Wills, Financial Powers of Attorney, Health Care Powers of Attorney, and Living Wills
- Special Needs Trusts
- Property Assessment Appeals
- Property Owner Representation of Property Assessment Appeals