Receptionist/Elder & Estate Law Legal Assistant
The Receptionist/Elder & Estate Legal Assistant will serve as a person’s first contact with Zacharia Brown by managing the reception area, answering phones, scheduling appointments and intake of clients for the Versailles Borough office (home office) as well assisting attorneys with Estate Administration tasks, as needed.
SUMMARY: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serving as first point of contact for clients and potential clients by answering the phones and greeting clients as they come into the office.
- Maintain the conference rooms in Versailles office including straightening and wiping down conference room tables between appointments.
- Scheduling all client appointments for the Versailles office, and on occasion, for Zacharia Brown’s other offices as needed.
- Communicate and correspond with clients during the intake process to obtain necessary information and documents that are needed by the attorney for the initial consult appointment.
- Create and maintain new and existing client files for the Versailles Borough office. Meet with the responsible attorney(s) to develop a task list for implementing a Medicaid or VA plan
- Copy and Scan documents for client files and communicate and coordinate with the legal assistants and attorneys to manage file maintenance.
- Receive, review and distribute all mail to attorneys and staff for home office.
- Work with attorneys to prepares Estate filings, petitions, notices, legal advertisements, status reports, etc. in estate administration matters.
- Receive and manage all client payments for the Versailles office.
- Work with attorneys to assist as needed with deed preparations and recording of deeds.
- Work with Business Manager and Attorneys to oversee and maintain Zacharia Brown draw down accounts at local Registrars, Courts and Administrative Offices.
- Work with the business manager, staff and attorneys to manage the ordering of office supplies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-starter and strives for excellence
- Experience in a law firm, and more specifically Estate Administration, is helpful, but not required
- Extremely organized and has the ability to manage a significant amount of documents as well as multiple client intakes and appointments at one time
- Must be comfortable with talking on the phone and typing at the same time and also have the ability to correspond professionally through letters and email.
- Strict attention to details in time management for overseeing client appointments and deadlines.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve the processes that are in place
- Highly personable and enjoys working directly with clients and co-workers.
- Very motivated with a desire to learn more about Estate and Elder law.
- High level of competence in utilizing technology (such as Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat), as well as an understanding of Microsoft Excel and eagerness to learn more about technology.
- A successful candidate should already be a notary in the Commonwealth of PA, or be willing and able to become a notary.
Full-time position (5 days-per week).
9:00am – 5:00pm (M-Th); 9:00-3:00pm (Fr).
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Compensation is based on experience and a competitive benefits package is offered.